Friday, November 30, 2012

Blog Entries: What I Have Learned.

            Closing the blog entries, we were given the opportunity to share what we have learned from them. I want to take this opportunity to thank all of the students who commented on my blogs, thank my group members for sharing their research, and thank the rest of the students for sharing their research.
            Coming into this assignment, I didn’t think that it would be as informative as it was. Even for myself, when I wrote the blogs on the topics that I chose I learned so much from each one. The most valuable thing I learned from these blog assignments is that as much as we think we know, there is so much more expansion to be made. I chose the topics I did because I thought that I had an adequate amount of knowledge to build a blog entry on. However, this was not the case. In each blog entry that I wrote, I learned much more about the topic than I anticipated. Reading everyone’s blogs was a great opportunity to escape from the text book and learn about social issues individuals face through the lens of our classmates.
As much as I learned from simply reading the blogs, I learned the most from the presentations each group made on their blogs as a whole. The presentations were a great way to bring all of the themes, messages, statistics, and issues together to elaborate and present the information to us visually. Each presentation seemed like a miniature lecture on a chapter. Our blogs were our own chapters for each group and I think that each presentation was an extremely resourceful way to allow for all of us to understand the blogs on a more personal level.
When you read information, it is effective but the group presentations brought the classmates together and opened our eyes to the views of our classmates and the knowledge they found alarming, interesting, and important. The presentations allowed us to feel with our classmates, it allowed us to see how important their blogs were to them and how passionate each of us became about the social issues in our groups.
Lastly, as students we all know how exhausting research and reading can be as semesters progress and end. I think that the blogs were a fun way for us to gain knowledge without having to research it and I think that a lot of us, including myself, would not know a lot of the things we now know had It not been for the access to our classmates blog entries. 
Geraldine

No comments:

Post a Comment